An amendment to Albany Medical Center’s Park South revitalization project will move a planned parking garage a block further uptown—and require the demolition of Bolton Hall, the parti-colored-brick building at the corner of Myrtle Avenue and Robin Street. Slated for preservation in AMC’s original proposal, the 1914 hall is a distinctive architectural feature of the streetscape, with a rich social history. It served as a residence for nurses—it’s named for nursing-education pioneer Frances Payne Bolton–including nurses trained by Albany Hospital for service in the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corp during World War II. In recent years, AMC has used it as a state-funded center for child-abuse intervention. Bolton Hall’s future depends on whether the amendment to enlarge and relocate the garage is modified or approved.